Welcome to WMG Academy Trust
WMG Academy Trust was established in 2015 and operates WMG Academy Coventry and WMG Academy Solihull. Our vision as a Trust is to significantly contribute to the improvement of education for those students who desire a career in engineering. Working with engineering business throughout the West Midlands, we can develop a curriculum to help raise the performance, hopes, aspirations and ambition of students, their families and local communities.
We are passionate about educating students through their Secondary and Sixth Form Education and it is our intention to make a positive difference to the lives of young people with the ambition of securing the best education possible for them, as individuals.
The development of two WMG Academies for Young Engineers is part of the Government-backed initiative for University Technical Colleges. WMG’s two exciting new learning campuses will cater for 14-18 year olds from Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull, and Birmingham, giving students the skills they need to become the UK’s future inventors and engineers. We will work alongside some of the largest employers in the region to deliver a dynamic curriculum, underpinned by a radical learning and teaching approach designed around the needs of both students and employers.
WMG Academy Coventry
WMG Academy for Young Engineers Coventry opened in September 2014 with an intake of 220 Students in Years 10 and 12. In September 2016 they welcomed their new Year 10’s and 12’s to complete the compliment of four school years, with 400 students enjoying the facilities of a new building and engineering workshops. Located close to the University of Warwick campus, the students also benefit from close ties and shared resources.
WMG Academy Solihull
WMG Academy for Young Engineers Solihull will be opening in September 2016, with an intake of 200 students in Year 10 and Year 12. Located in the Chelmsley Wood area of Solihull, there’s a shiny new building, designed along the lines of the Coventry Academy. There’s a large workshop area as well as multi-use classrooms, designed to deliver a STEM based curriculum. New Year 10 and Year 12 students are invited to apply ready for September 2017, which will complete the student cohort.
- RT @wmgwarwick: It's a hat trick! Awesome achievement for the students @WMGAcademy #F1Schools #STEM ow.ly/XKFa308NNJZ 4 days ago
- Year 13 Product Design Workshop #engineering #youngengineers pic.twitter.com/FgssWI0HUP 4 days ago
- RT @ConsultUpTime: So true @WMGAcademy my visit last week demonstrated you have the best pathway for young #engineers pic.twitter.com/f4ZYL54NPw 6 days ago
- Only 2 days to go! Have you booked? Go to bit.ly/2dtsn5K & book your place. We'd love to see you.… https://t.co/ktr7RSm7EJ on 29th September, 2016
- RT @warwickinsite: What's it like to study at a WMG Academy? Find out at Open Days @WMGAcademySol 1 Oct and @WMGAcademy Coventry 8 Oct… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… on 29th September, 2016
- So you want to study A levels or GCSEs here, but not sure Engineering is for you? Check out the cool jobs you could… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… on 23rd September, 2016